Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TV Review: The L.A. Complex Season 1 Debut

2 STARS - My Prediction:Will not survive until Fall 2012
Could have been interesting...

 At first I thought to myself... "Okay CW, this is just another "Melrose Place" rip off..." but I watched.  The more that I watched, the more sick I became sick by the stench of Melrose Place flashbacks  The story line is nothing new it is just that... another Melrose Place cliche night  time soap, like all of those before it.

 It may have potential although I have no intention of watching future episodes and only watched this one because there wasn't anything else on. Cute guys and pretty girls fill the screen, all wanting to become actors in L.A. which is so unique. Having them all live in the same apartment complex, is a bit hard to swallow. As stated before it stirs up those memories of Kimberly Shaw (Mancini) blowing up the apartment complex, and Sydney Andrews seducing her brother in law on Melrose Place.

6 comments:

Gabby said...

I agree. From the moment I saw the previews I knew it looked all to familiar and came to the same conclusion as you.

Dustin K. said...

ROFL I think you should write more reviews for tv shows. you hit this one right on the head. I still think I might watch it though.

Darlene said...

I think la complex show looks kewl

Michael said...

I f'n loved Kimberly on melrose place. she was one crazy b^&*% but that's why I loved her character. I love Marcia Cross in general even as Bree on Desperate Housewives!

Katlyn said...

This show is awesome yo. I wana move to LA after I graduate and live like that until I make it as a star and I will too.

Cindy said...

Katlyn I'm assuming that you will be graduating from high school. Ah the beauty of adolescents and ignorant bliss. But I digress, you were not even born when Melrose Place was airing. I don't mean the CW BS remake either, I'm talking in the 90s. If you were born, the show aired well after your bed time... this show pales in comparison to the classic shows I grew up with. I agree with the blog author this show except I think this show deserves no stars.